Monday, January 5, 2009

The Loss of a Friend

Many of you are probably familiar with the famed Fantasy Artist Tom Cross? He had crossed our paths about 7 years ago when he joined our family at Heaven and Earth designs as a contributing artist for Cross Stitch designs. Tom passed away last week from Non-Smoker Lung Cancer and he will be dearly missed by his wife Patti and young Daughter Amber as well as many others.

I wanted to post something that Tom had shared prior to his death and while you are probably familiar with the verse as it still touches deeply.

"Tom down but NEVER out!"
"Please respect my "ways" as I do yours. Lend me your encouragement, not your judgement."

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on the snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

No comments:

Post a Comment