Monday, January 10, 2011

Reflections on the Pond

"Never regret anything because at one time it is exactly what you wanted"


As I meet new people I am always pulled back to center and we seem to always get what we need when we need it.

Yesterday was Emilie's birthday party and as the parents arrived to drop off their daughters I met a variety of folks.  a Great
Grandmother that is caretaker of of her Grand Daughters Daughter, a Father whose wife had passed away recently, another family whose parents used to take swimming lessons here back in the 60's, lot's of good conversation and interesting stories.  We drove to the indoor water park and I got a good 3 hours of reading and photo taking.  The girls had a great time!


We got home a little later than we had planned and parents were already here to pick up their daughters and as I chatted and saw folks off I realized that one parent was still in the driveway as her Daughter was still with Emilie.  I invited her in and as we chatted I wanted to talk more so invited her to the kitchen for a cup of coffee.  With the G'kids talking and my Son and his wife prepping dinner and all the chaos going on we talked of organic soap, sustainable lifestyles, co-op's for food, raw foods and veganism.


This was a woman that I quickly came to respect and realized that we shared so many of the same thoughts and lifestyle.


I have missed having someone to talk to of things of the not so ordinary and considered wildly different in this part of the world.  I was home for a moment and I do hope to share a cup of tea or coffee with this kindred spirit in the near future.

Wild and Free (Thank you Tammi Joy)

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great, never know what you and a stranger may have in common!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent expression to begin your post with..........

    ReplyDelete