Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Making a List....

And checking it twice, I gathered up the Christmas pressies that I have ordered online and made piles for all the kids and I think we are done.  My wonderful Son had offered to wrap the last of them and bless his heart, I was so very grateful to have that task done.

Last night was rather joyous with the kitchen filled with the aroma of lasagna and garlic bread, Bob makes the best garlic bread.  9 bodies all hanging out talking, sitting on the counters and sharing what our week has produced so far.  The kitchen is the center of our home (literally and figuratively) and seems to be preferred over any couch that might be available.  The menu for tonight will be Gumbo which my Son is making and being a chef with classical training I am really enjoying having some varied recipes, but quite frankly my hips are starting to rebel.  After making Marzipan bars and Baklava I am afraid I am resigned to just enjoying and will deal the results after the First of January :-)

My Step Son has been gone to visit his Son down South and came home last night and it was good to see him.  The kids played with the girls and the house was a jumble of varied laughter and squeals of delight and giggles, it made my heart happy.

I have been trying to get some reading done and I am currently working on the following titles:



I have a voracious appetite for books and have so many that I have thought about doing a book exchange of sorts.  I will have to continue to think on that subject.

I hope that everyone is thriving and also finding time for peace during this blessed Season.  Remember to slow down and enjoy each moment the day brings, hug a loved one, sip slowly and love with a full heart.
 
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

1 comment:

  1. I love open kitchens as you can have so much talking to family while cooking. I am a little envious of having lots of family around. Two of my children are overseas and I miss them terribly. Love all the new released today. I left a comment on yesterdays but I guess it got eaten up. Hugs

    ReplyDelete