Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wild and Free



I must admit that I am needing to feel this more often than not, the sense of being wild and free, without restrictions. Now notice my choice of words here, free of restriction, not free of responsibility.


As we plunder (or some of us gracefully glide) through life there are inevitable moments in ones life where we wonder why we are doing what we do. We amass the mortages/s, cars, credit cards and more and more restrictions which run the gammut. We restrict ourselves, no one does it to us it just happens and then one day we realize that we are so tightly tied down that we can barely wiggle a toe.


I hit that about 3 months ago and I have been making short strides in trying to slowly loosen the ropes. I have paid off all but one credit card (I never was a big credit person so that was pretty easy), I found a home for some of the farm animals to relieve some pressure of caretaking and give me more freedom of choice. I make an effort to prepare each and every meal from whole foods, nothing that comes from a box or a bag. The purpose driven life is one that I find very satisfactory, whether it be the sanctity of preparing a meal for my family or preparing a bath for the girls with oils and such that feeds their minds and souls.


It is in the preparation, the proverbial journey, that one must stop and realize the sanctity of the act. I have even afforded myself 5 more minutes in the morning before I head out the door to just stop and sit in the breakfast room and notice the difference in the light of morning with the promise of Spring and longer days of Summer.


I cleared my shelves of clutter and self indulgences that should have never taken place and filled boxes for Womens shelters and Goodwill. I am working on freeing my mind, my soul, my very purpose, it is all a preparation for something born of tomorrow, I don't know what that is yet, but it will come in time.


I made this bracelet of metal and leather, where as a year ago I would have never even thought of such of a thing. It would have been Swarovski crystals, bling and more bling. I have had a penchant in the past to want to be noticed which stems from my childhood but quickly realized that what I was seeking could be found internally. I am at peace with that....


With that development is evolving a simpler approach to design work and allowing my fingers to form the vision that my soul sees. The clouds are lifting and veil being pulled aside for a clearer view and I hope that you like the view to my little world.


On another note, I have been working with the wonderful folks at Anima in regards to charting some of Jesse's artwork and I am proud to announce that we have completed the first chart called Anima Apprentice.


Please take a moment to click on the link and help this wonderful organization further their words and ultimately our growth as people and stewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment