Thursday, February 26, 2009

A very trying week....



It has been challenge after challenge this week with the email server frying and being unable to answer the dozens of emails.

Got very sad news that a dear friends beautiful mare passed away at the age of 21. My heartfelt hugs to the Hompe family on the loss of royally bred, Quail Run Dominique. She will be missed by many but none more than her "Mom".

A pipe burst and $3,000 to dig that up and replace it. But then the guy said "Let's snake it first" and they found a diaper, inevitably from my Grandson at Christmas time - so $3000 saved!

A MAJOR snow storm today and I fell on the ice but NOT after the horses somehow opened the gate and were roaming around in the aisle way of the barn on cement (not a good footing for a horse with cold hooves).

After falling I realized that I lost a pendant that I slaved over today and just listed on Etsy. I forgot to take it off after photographing it and I suspect the jolt made it go, I am going to have to try and find it tomorrow, wish me luck.

Then an iron wind chime that I had hanging in the Breakfast Nook literally flew off the wall and clattered to the floor and scared me to death. I am having HUGE issues with load noises and I thought I was gonna jump out of my skin.

Enough of the roller coaster stuff but I also realize that it is these very trials and tribulations that make us grateful for the ordinary and mundane aspects of every day life.

Is it safe to come out yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment