Wednesday, February 11, 2009

And the drum keeps on beating....


I came in to work today to learn that my job has been eliminated and I have been downsized into a position that I had about 15 years ago. There are several that no longer have their jobs so I am grateful. My boss commented that he hopes that the others take it as well as I have. What?

I still have a job and for that I am very grateful no matter what the context. A friend commented that if her boss asked her to wash her car at lunch she would happily and I agree, I would wash that car, do her laundry and just about anything else ethical in light of todays climate.

Along with the downgrade in position (I am/was/were/not any more an Executive Manager in Information Technology for a fortune 500 company) came a downgrade in pay as well and again I am very grateful to even have a job.

I saw my best friend and confidante pack her belongings and walk out the door with eyes filled with tears and terror. I am so very sad for the families that this economy is affecting and wonder when the bottom will ever become endless in this spiral.

The timing could not have been worse with the passing of my Father but the timing is never good in times like today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment