Monday, December 8, 2008

For the Love of Animals....

I was not able to put up the new listings due to being called by a friend late Friday night regarding a friend of a friend that was dying from Cancer (She passed Sat night). It appears that she had a farm full of animals that were in serious neglect. 25 dogs, 11 horses, Llamas, Goats, Pot Bellied Pigs, and more.

She asked if I could help in the rescue effort so we headed down the road Saturday evening and brought back a Standard Poodle, PekiPom and American Eskimo. These poor dogs were in the worse shape I have seen in my life. I spent 4 hours on the Poodle and managed to get the mat (yes mat, not mats) off of him in one piece and it weighed over 5 pounds. His one eye is encrusted with goop and he can't open it and the other eye is not far behind. His ears are so encrusted that I don't believe he can hear very well either. He is only 1 year old and such a beautiful boy and very well behaved. When I had removed the mat he was prancing all over the house like he had been set free. The PekiPom is a dearheart and obedience trained and does tricks, he was in near shape to Spencer too but not as bad.

The American Eskimo threatened to bite so I just left him alone for a bit but then came around. He then ended up deciding that I was his protector and just wanted to be in my lap. All these dogs were in outside runs with no water, no food and -10 at night.

Once things settle down again I will get back to getting the photos done and listed. Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment