Monday, February 23, 2009

Nourishment of all things

Nourishment of the body, soul and heart - something that often takes a very large jolt to realize that nourishment comes in many different forms.

Over the course of the past 7 days, I have reflected, sustained, grown and flourished. The poison that was my job is now behind me and my system is beginning the reap those benefits. In the past several days I have been more at peace than I have at any point that I can recently remember. Peace is not always that calming feeling that most associate it with but for me it is more of a calm in my heart even though there there is noise, trials, tribulation and hard work. I am at peace and I am striving to utilize this time to think about the steps ahead and the start of that is what we need to to do continue to heal this place that we can home. The land surrounding us is in pain and scarred and is barren compared to what it was prior to July 11, 2008.

The first steps are planning a garden and we are going start with about 1 acre and then an adjacent acre that will be used for flowers. I have been collecting seeds over the years (don't know why and now I do) and I have some heirloom seeds that should yield an incredible flower garden. Within that garden in the four corners will be the herbs, the four corners will be in ceremony of the the Four Directions which are red, yellow, white and black and plants that will depict these colors.

I am taking things one day at a time and I am striving on the growth part at the moment and trying to not figure out things before they need to be figured out. Going with the flow as they say and taking in the closing of each day with gratitude and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment